I keep waiting to grow up and it hasn't seemed to happen yet.
While the two kids, the home, the vehicles, the husband, the mom hair cut, and the insane number of keys on my key chain might lead one to believe I am, in fact, an adult, it just isn't so.
Top Ten Signs I've Yet to Enter Adulthood
1) When someone blazes past me going 20 mph over the speed limit and cuts me off, I mentally map out a master plan to cut THEM off at just the right moment to ensure they get sandwiched between several law abiding citizens that forces them to go 10 mph under the speed limit thereby making them late to their stupid meeting or whatever it was causing them to be morons. Ha! I win at life!
2) My choice movie night?
3) Bad hair days genuinely make me want to go back to bed and hide from the world.
4) Speaking of hair, I still cry over bad haircuts but I am also, in spite of this, still convinced that I have some hidden skill of cutting my own hair. I don't, by the way. Doesn't stop me from trying though at 11 o'clock at night after watching some tv show where the lead actress had a super badass short style.
5) When my son catches me sneaking some icing straight from the container with a spoon I tell him it's okay because I have grown up teeth, if he does it though his teeth will fall out. He also thinks this will happen if he doesn't brush his teeth every night. I don't actually think that one was my doing...
6) I like to headbang while driving. Even if it's to Taylor Swift. It's a thing.
7) I really want to dye my tips hot pink. I have resisted this urge numerous times on the account of, oh yea, I'm over the age of 12.
8) My favorite shirt is my Ramones tee (who I still think are super awesome) and I like to drink my coffee out of an Eeyore Mug.